We often find ourselves, looking at the mirror, staring at the extra bulges here and there. Then comes the thought of joining the gym. Then comes quitting it. Then comes the mirror again. This circle comes right back at the same spot. There is a way of exercising at home. But some can’t because of their busy schedule. What if I tell you that I have a 15-min yoga routine that will help you remain physically and mentally fit? It is the most popular Suryanamaskar or sun salutation which combines 12 different asanas or poses. It would be very ideal to execute it during sunrise. You will just need a yoga mat to do this. Don’t know how to do it? Well, here I have prepared a step-by-step tutorial for you guys! So, let’s get started!
1. Pranam Asana/ Prayer Pose– Keep your feet together at the end of your mat, open your chest and relax your shoulders. Breathing in, lift your palms from the sides and while exhaling, join your hands together in a prayer position
2. Hastauttanasana/ Raised Arms Pose– Breathing in, stretch your arms, up and then back. Keep your arms close to your ears. Stretch your whole body.
3. Hastapadasana/Standing Forward Bend– Exhaling, bend forward from your waist, keeping the spine straight. While doing this bring your palms onto the floor beside the feet. Keep your legs straight. If you can’t, bend your knees slightly.
4. Ashwa Sanchalanasana/ Equestrian Pose– Inhaling, push your right leg backward and then bring the right knee to the floor and look up. Then exhale.
5. Dandasana/ Stick Pose– Inhaling, bring the left leg backward and keep your body in a straight line.
6. Ashtanga Namaskara/ Salute with Eight Parts – Bring your knees down onto the floor and exhale. Slowly lift your hips and slide forward, then rest your chest and chin on the floor. Raise your posterior a bit.
7. Bhujangasana/ Cobra Pose– Slide forward and raise your chest into the cobra pose. Keep your elbows bent and look upwards.
8. Parvatasana/ Mountain Pose– Exhaling, bring your hips up as well as the tail bone and create a ‘V’ shape.
9. Ashwa Sanchalanasana– Inhaling, bring your right foot forward and left knee on to the ground. Then lookup.
10. Hand to Foot Pose/ Hasta Padasana– Exhaling, bring your left foot forward and keep your palms on the floor.
11.Hastauttanasana/ Raised Arms Pose– Exhaling, stretch your spine and extend your arms to the back.
12.Tadasana/ Standing Mountain Pose– Exhale, straighten your body and keep bring your arms down.
Practice this daily for about 15 minutes daily and see the magic happening. After all, health is wealth.